Are you planning to update your Samsung Galaxy S4 into Android 4.3? Recently! Sammobile released another leaked Android 4.3 build for Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) but this time it is now on final build – it means there’s no more build in a future for the S4. According to our source, the final build brings just a minor bug fixes and general improvements to the security, speed, stability and only available for the I9505 model, not for the I9500. See more details below.
Updated: October 19, 2013
Hey folks, I just have updated this article with the new official Android 4.3 firmware for Galaxy S4 LTE version I9505.
Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 Features:
- - OpenGL 3.0 Support
- - GALAXY GEAR Support
- - TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
- - ANT+ Support
- - Samsung KNOX Implementation (KNOX bootloader and dedicated application)
- - Samsung Wallet comes pre-loaded
- - Improved RAM management
- - Improved Display colour reproduction (Display looks much sharper than before)
- - Improved TouchWiz Launcher (Much less launcher redraws and less lag)
- - New Samsung Keyboard
- - New Samsung Browser (Full screen by default, new tab interface and more)
- - New Reading Mode (Optimises display for reading, used by only a few specific applications)
- - New Camera firmware
- - Minor UI tweaks (Contacts app, Flashlight Widget, dialog boxes etc)
Note: Please make sure that you have a back up files before proceeding, this firmware is a pre-release firmware only and not official from Samsung.
Do this at your own risk!
Install official Android 4.3 firmware on Samsung Galaxy S4
- Download first the official Android 4.3 firmware of Samsung i9505 Galaxy S4 at this link.
- Extract the file, and you will get 2 files (.tar.md5 and .tar file).
- When its done, download the Odin 3.09 at this link, and extract it too.
- Run the Odin.
- Reboot the Galaxy S4 in download mode (Volume Up + Power + Home button).
- Then connect your Galaxy S4 to your computer via USB cable and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin.
- Add AP_I9505XXUEMJ3_1840064_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to AP
- Add BL_I9505XXUEMJ3_1840064_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to BL
- Add CP_I9505XXUEMJ3_1840064_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to CP
- Add CSC_OLB_I9505OLBEMJ2_1765174_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to CSC
- Make sure that the re-partitioned box is not ticked.
- After that, click the start button and wait until the process ends. Don’t disconnect the S4, just be patient.
Note: If you encounter any issues with the firmware such as Bootloop, All you have to do is to boot it into recovery mode (Home + power + vol up) and choose to wipe/factory reset.
- Then reboot and it’s over.
Congratulations! Watch the Android 4.3 updates preview for Galaxy S4 below.