Update now your Starmobile Astra to Jelly Bean, Starmobile has now officially released their Jelly Bean update for Starmobile Astra so you can now update your Stamobile Astra on your own. But before anything else I would like to thanks this guy who shared this on Starmobile Diamond Facebook group, His name is Takai Hiro, good job dre!
- June 13, 2013 – How To Root Starmobile Astra Android Jelly Bean
Hey! Folks, Ms. Fifi shared some tips on how to fix the problem about the not detected unknown devices in installing drivers thanks to her, See it at installing drivers step 3.
Ok! Please make sure that you have a back up files including contacts, SMS, videos, music, etc before procceding and also make sure you have a stable internet connection before downloading the files to avoid error messages.
If you’re not experienced flashing phones, might as well seek help from someone who’s knowlegable flashing phones.
Starmobile will not reliable to any data loss as well as problems which may caused by improper updating procedures.
Instructions: Update Starmobile Astra To Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
In this tutorial I will teach you how to install the Flash Tool, the second is on how to install Stamobile Astra drivers, lastly updating your Starmobile Astra.
Installing Flash Tool:
- First you need to download the Jellybean Update Tools provided above.
- Extract the SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1304.0.119.zip into the empty folder.
- Open SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1304.0.119.
- Select “Download Agent” and choose “MTK_AllinOne_DA.bin”
- Select “Scatter-loading” and choose “MT6575_Android_scatter_emmc.txt” under V23 folder and image folder.
Installing the Drivers:
- Go to My computer -> right click -> properties -> device manager.
- Insert the other end of the USB cable to the computer.
- Turn off your phone and then turn it on while holding the power+vol up+vol down, after this you will see a logo appeared in your phone and you will notice on your PC -> Device Manager the Unknown Device.
- Right click the Unknown Device and press update driver software.
- Press Browse My Computer for Driver Software.
- Browse the destination of the driver and choose its compatible OS. Click next.
- Press the folder “driver for ASTRA” then press ok.
- Unplug the Starmobile Astra from your computer after Windows has installed the driver.
Updating your Starmobile Astra:
- Go back to the Flash Tool and press Firmware-> Upgrade.
- Wait for the Pink loading bar to finish and insert the other end of the USB cable to the computer again (Make sure your phone is turned off).
- If the status bar below shows progress, please wait until the pop-up window appears. Click CLOSE when finished.
- Your Astra is now updated to 4.1 Jelly Bean
Hope that this article helped you and if you found this article useful can please help us to share this article to your friends. Thanks!
Oh! By the way, don’t forget to leave your feedback by posting your comment below, you can use your Facebook or Disqus.