How To Update Celkon A200 To Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Using Starmobile Astra FirmwareJun 26, 2013
Here’s the good news for those who owned Celkon A200 smartphone, We’ve found out that the starmobile astra android 4.1 jelly bean firmware is compatible to Celkon A200. Thanks to zerozero700 – member of xda forum, According to him! He found the Tech Blogger Zone guide about starmobile astra jelly bean update and now his Celkon phone is successfully upgraded to android 4.1 jelly bean.
As you’ve noticed in the image screenshot below, the device info has changed and it became Starmobile ASTRA and not Celkon anymore and kernel version is 3.4.0.
- – Considerable improvement in performance
- – GPS connection time has improved drastically (connected within a minute where as it used to take >5 mins)
- – WiFi connection time improved slightly
- – FW upgrade using Wireless option added (There was one minor update which V24 got downloaded. As I had changed the recovery image the upgrade did not happen) (EDIT: It worked with stock recovery image)
- – As expected your phone becomes Starmobile ASTRA, not Celkon anymore
- – Status bar cannot be pulled down unless the screen is unlocked
- – Few Bloatware targeted to Philippines market
Updating your firmware brings lot of improvements and consequences to your device, I don’t know if there’s more this is based only on what zerozero700 experienced. Ok! Like I’ve said updating your Celkon 200 is same like the starmobile crystal, so don’t be confused.
Before doing anything make sure that you backup all your phone data including phone contacts, SMS, music, video, etc and make you sure you have a strong or stable internet connection to download the files to avoid error messages.
Visit the article about on how to update starmobile astra to android 4.1 jelly bean and follow the step by step procedure. If you don’t want to change the default recovery image, there is slight chance that using ASTRA recovery image may brick your device, but according to zerozero700, he used ASTRA recovery image and it was successfully on his device. (Do this at your own risk)
Replacing recovery image to TWRP:
- Download TWRP rcovery image from this link
- Download Starmobile Astra Jellybean files from this link (it is ~530Mb)
- Download and unzip the SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1304.0.119 from the downloaded file from Step 2. In the extracted folder go to…SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1304.0.119V23image folder and delete recovery.img file. Copy recoveryTW22.214.171.124.img file from the earlier download. Double click on Checksum_generate.exe to update the checksum. Now you have TWRP in your JB flash file.
When you’re done, Check your phone device info and you will notice your Chelkon is now Starmobile Astra, Congrats! You may now proceed to the next level how to root starmobile astra android jelly bean.
Again thanks to zerozero700 for sharing this info and also to xda forum.