How To Root MyPhone A818 Slim Duo Using CWM Based RecoveryApr 2, 2013
Good Day, Here’s my new updates about on “How To Root MyPhone A818 Slim Duo Using CWM Based Recovery.” A weeks ago I’ve posted a tutorial on How To Root MyPhone A818 Slim Duo but 1 reader posted his negative feedback on Tech Blogger Zone Facebook page regarding to that rooting procedures. The problem is he can’t find the inf file for his Windows OS but there’s a main problem with his device, the drivers did not installed properly with the Windows OS that he used. I thought that there was a problem with the USB cable, PC and with his device so I made a research about on how to fix this problem and I’m glad that I found this another rooting procedures for A818 device from Symbianize forum posted by SuperGoku thanks to him.
- Rooting your phone does run a risk to potentially bricking it! also voids your phone warranty, do this at your own risk!
- Ara07: Thanks po dito TS! rooted na yung sakin!
- jhunnejaugn: thanx TS i’ve been trying so many ways to root my A818..but this is the best tutorial i got….my phone is rooted now…
- flossy777: kuya rooted phone ko salamat po
- mier2k12: salamat… rooted na phone ko..
- SpFlashTool (link)
- MT65x3 USB VCOM drivers (link)
- CWM based Recovery (link)
- MT6573_Android_scatter.txt (link)
How To Root MyPhone A818 Slim Duo:
- Download the files provided above.
- Extract and install the SpFlashTool and MT65x3 USB VCOM drivers into your PC.
- When the drivers already installed in your PC, you may now turn off your phone and remove the battery.
- Run the SpFlashTool.
- Select ScatterFile (MT6573_Android_scatter.txt)
- Select Recovery (CWM based Recovery) make sure that the “Recovery” is the only one have check.
- Press Download “There is an error appears says “Boot loader files are lost” just ignore that because all we need is to flash the Recovery, after that go back your battery into your phone (do not turn on) and connect the USB cable to your phone to PC and wait for less than 5mins until the Green Circle exit labeled Download okay and you may now remove the USB cord to your phone.“
- Check if your Recovery is now CWM based, (make sure your phone is turn off) press Volume up + Volume down and power button (hold it together) there’s a choices appears and all you need to do is press up button to enter recovery and check if it is now CWM.
How To Backup On CWM Recovery:
- Enter Recovery (Volume up + Volume down and power button)
- Select backup and restore → backup
- Wait (Make sure that there’s more 500mb plus space in your SDcard)
Now to Root MyPhone A818:
- Download ROOTA818 (link)
- Copy to the root of your sdcard for easy access.
- Then Enter CWM recovery (Volume up + Volume down and power button)
- Select install zip from sdcard → choose zip from sdcard → search the file.
- Select Reboot system now
- Check Superuser or use root checker from Playstore. (Superuser means your device is now rooted)
I hope that this article helped you. Subscribe us for more updates directly to your inbox. Thank You!