How To Root Cherry Mobile Omega HDApr 3, 2013
Hello Guys, I just want to share my new article about on “How To Root Cherry Mobile Omega HD.” Cherry Mobile Omega HD is 1 of the latest Cherry Mobile 5″ HD 1GHz dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM, 1280×720 IPS capacitive touchscreen, with Dragon Trail Glass Technology and improved 2,100mAh battery capacity. Actually I saw this rooting procedure in Facebook group shared by Clifford Cabauatan, so I gave all credits to him and also to that group. Before that please read first the warning message and tips below.
|How To Root Cherry Mobile Omega HD|
- Rooting your phone does run a risk to potentially bricking it! also voids your phone warranty, do this at your own risk!
What is rooting?
- It is a process to access the file system or let say there are files that needs a root privilege to run that files in Android Smartphone device. In laymans term “parang buko pag nakita mo ang buko normal lang na may sabaw at laman, pero sa iba may ibang bagay pa ito na magagawa ex. uling, bunot, langis at iba pa.” (source: tipidcp.com)
For those who are planning to buy Omega HD or even any CM units, make sure that always check the screen if there’s a dead pixel or stuck pixel on phone screen because all we know that rooting voids phone warranty so please check it first.
What dead pixel and stuck pixel means?
- Dead pixel: Black spot or black pixel.
- Stuck pixel: Other colors other than black.
In my next article I will discuss it to you on how to know if your phone have a dead pixel or stuck pixel so stay tune! make sure that you’ve already subscribed RSS email to receive free email updates directly to your email inbox or connect with us using Facebook and Twitter or even on Google+. Ok! Back to the main topic before anything else like I said rooting your phone does run a risk and it also voids a phone warranty, Tech Blogger Zone has no responsibility to your device do this at your own risk!
- SuperSU zip
- SP Flash Tool
- MTK Drivers
- MTK 6577 scatter file
- Download all at this link.
Rooting Cherry Mobile Omega HD:
Be sure that the scatter file and TWRP recovery are in the same folder and don’t forget to rename TWRP-OmegaHD.img into recovery.img
- First you need to enable the USB debugging just simply go “Settings → Developer options” then connect your phone into your PC.
- Mount your phone as USB Storage after that go to the root of your sdCard and copy the pcdrivers.zip to your PC, extract and allow the drivers to install, Install the MTK drivers as well.
- Copy the SuperSU zip into your internal or external sdCard, when the SuperSU zip copied into your sdCard unmount the USB storage and unplug your phone from PC.
- Turn off your phone and remove the battery.
- Open SP Flash Tool click “Scatter-loading” and choose “MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc.txt.” You will see that RECOVERY has a check beside it! click “Download” (A warning will appear, proceed anyway).
- With your phone still off and the battery out, plug it in to the PC. Flashing should start and it will only take a few seconds (You’ll see a green circle when it’s done).
- Unplug the USB cable and put the battery back.
- Enter recovery mode by pressing Power and Volume + button. Release both buttons when you see the boot menu. Use Volume + to highlight “recovery” then use Volume to confirm.
- Click “Install” choose the appropriate tab (internal or external sdCard).
- Select UPDATE-SuperSU-1.25 zip (swipe to confirm the update, it will flash) after that go back to main menu of TWRP.
- Click “Reboot system” and wait until you are fully booted into your homesceen.
- You will see a SuperSU icon means your phone now is already rooted.
I hope that this article helped you. Subscribe us for more updates directly to your inbox. Thank You!