Good Day! Here’s the new updates of Tech Blogger Zone and this time its all about on “How To Root MyPhone A818 Slim Duo,” a little bit differ from rooting a Cherry Mobile device that using a Bin4ry Tool. Note! Please read it carefully to avoid any errors, because rooting your phone does run a risk to potentially bricking it! also voids your phone warranty, do this at your own risk Tech Blogger Zone have no responsibility to your phone no matter what happened. For those who don’t know why do we need to root our android smartphone, here’s why? There are some android apps or games that needs root privilege to run it into your android device. Is it required? Nope! But if you want to enjoy the essence of android smartphone, you’ll need it.
|MyPhone A818 Slim Duo|
Do this at your own risk!
How To Root MyPhone A818 Slim Duo
- Download the A818 slim rooting files, file provided above.
- Extract it anywhere in your PC.
- Once the file extracted, find the file “update.zip” inside the “A181 slim rooting files” and send it into the root of your SDcard.
- Now turn off your android smartphone device and set it aside.
- Open the folder “MT6575 USB VCOM drivers” inside the “A181 slim rooting files” folder and find the .inf file that compatible with your Windows OS. If you are running XP, right click and choose install. Now for windows 7 navigate to C:WindowsSystem32 and find ‘hdwwiz.ex’. Right click and run as administrator. Click next and choose install the hardware manually, click next and look for Ports (COM & LPT) click next and choose ‘have disk’. Browse to the inf file for your Windows’ OS. Click open, and OK. Then choose Mediatek Preloader USB VCOM Port under the Model list. Click next, then next again so the the hardware will now be installed. (Some had successful flashing without installing the drivers from Mediatek Inc., probably another driver was installed that was compatible with the Phone and SP flash tool.)
- Open SP Flash Tool Folder and click Flash_tool .
- After that click File and click Open Scatter File.
- Choose MT6573_Android_scatter from the downloaded folder, click Open
- Tick RECOVERY then click it after. Navigate to COTrecovery.img from the downloaded folder again.
- Click Download
- Flashing will be successful if at the end a message “RECOVERY DOWNLOADED” appears.
- After that disconnect your phone. Enter into Recovery Mode (Hold Volume up + Volume down then Power button).
- Press Volume up to Enter Recovery Mode. (COTrecovery will test your phone’s calibration, Just click that red thing on the screen)
- Navigate to NANDROID and click Backup. (This is important so that in case you want to unroot your phone in the future, you can just restore it through the created backup.)
- After of processing (around 5 mins) Go back to main window and click Zip Flashing >> Choose Zip from SD Card >> Navigate to update.zip from step 3 then click Yes install unstrusted zip.
- Go back to main window and click Boot Android.
- When booting completes, check your apps if there is a Superuser app. If yes then congratulations, you are rooted!
Credit: Thanks to Mr. Chard Silverbeet for the rooting procedure.
Hope that this rooting procedures helped you. Like Us on Facebook, Follow Us on Twitter or Subscribe us via email to receives free updates. Thank You!